Monday, January 7, 2008

Iranian boats 'harass' U.S. Navy, officials say - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Five Iranian Revolutionary Guard boats "harassed and provoked" three U.S. Navy ships early Sunday in international waters, the U.S. military said Monday, calling the encounter a "significant" confrontation. The Iranian boats made "threatening" moves toward the U.S. ships and in one case came within 200 yards of one of them, the U.S. officials said. The U.S. Navy also received a radio transmission that officials believe came from the Iranian boats. The transmission said, "I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes," the U.S. military officials told CNN.
When the U.S. ships heard that radio transmission, they took up their gun positions and officers were "in the process" of giving the order to fire when the Iranians abruptly turned away, the U.S. officials said.


Sounds to me like the Revolutionary Guard is just trying to provoke US ship into firing a shot. Then they can start crying about how they have to defend themselves from the infidels. It would be George Bush/ Dick Chaney's wet dream come true if the US ships would have shot at one of the Iranian boats and started a war.

2 Comments:

  1. LET'S TALK said...
    I did a story on this as well. I can't for the life of me understand what Iran could be trying to do.
    Mary Ellen said...
    I have to wonder...is this true, or a story that was hatched up to get the nod to go to war. I know it sounds tin hat, but I wouldn't put anything past or Pentagon anymore.

Post a Comment