Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Great day in Fort Wayne

FortWayne.com : Fort Wayne news

Kelty indicted on nine counts Republican candidate for mayor charged with perjury, fraudulent election filing By Dionne Waugh The Journal Gazette

An Allen County grand jury indicted Republican mayoral candidate Matt Kelty on Tuesday, charging him with seven felonies and two misdemeanors.
Kelty, 42, is charged with two counts of perjury, five felony counts of fraudulent election filing and two misdemeanor counts of commingling campaign and personal funds, special prosecutor Dan Sigler said.

Kelty was taken in handcuffs to the Allen County Lockup,

I shouldn't laugh at another person's misfortune, but when I read that I giggle like schoolgirl. I am kind of surprised they actually handed down a indictment.

Seriously, even though I think he's guilty, I have would guess a jury trial will find him innocent at least partially. Maybe we should start a betting pool. I don't really think Kelty is as evil as Bush and actually plotted this out. He made a big mistake that is for sure. I could care less about him serving prison time. Just keep him out of that Mayor's office.

2 Comments:

  1. LET'S TALK said...
    Anyone breaking the law while serving as our public servant in some way should be held accountable. The amount of money they can sway to other including themselves are something else. I can't recall the former Mayors name in Atlanta, but he's doing some time for doing most of the same type things, just on a larger level.
    TomCat said...
    It always warms my heart to see that good old GOP family values in action, :-)

Post a Comment