Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And another one down

John Edwards to quit presidential race - Yahoo! News:

"By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer
DENVER - Democrat John Edwards is exiting the presidential race Wednesday, ending a scrappy underdog bid in which he steered his rivals toward progressive ideals while grappling with family hardship that roused voters' sympathies, The Associated Press has learned."


This is really bad news, I was really thinking Edwards would be our best choice. I guess now Obama is our last hope for a decent candidate. I really think if the democrats pick up Hillary for the nominee we are going to get raked over the coals in November. I wonder if Edwards will endorse one of the others? Hopefully he will endorse Obama.

3 Comments:

  1. John Good said...
    One can only hope. . .
    TomCat said...
    Yesterday was the saddest day I have had since I woke up in 11/2004 to discover that Bush had stolen another one. I posted an email I received from him this morning and the video of his New Orleans speech. Now I'm back to undecided. Obama is no progressive and his "big table" world view is naive. Clinton's ethics are atrocious. It will be tough choosing between the two,
    Mary Ellen said...
    So sad that Edwards is gone, but not surprising. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, IMO. I think he'll be in the next administration or cabinet. I've also heard that he may be asked by either Hillary or Obama to be the new Attorney General. Wouldn't that be great? We haven't seen the last of him yet!

Post a Comment