Thursday, December 6, 2007

Romney Seeks to Defuse Concerns Over Mormon Faith - New York Times: "“Then Sam Adams rose, and said he would hear a prayer from anyone of piety and good character, as long as they were a patriot,” Mr. Romney said. “And so together they prayed, and, together, they fought, and together, by the grace of God, they founded this great nation.”"


Sorry, Flip-Flopping Romney, your no Sam Adams.

“I believe in my Mormon faith and endeavor to live by it,” he said.

And showing the fine line he was treading, he promised not to be beholden to church authorities, and devoted the majority of his address to calling for a robust role for religion in public life, declaring there was a common moral heritage across religious lines in the country that he would champion.


He's not a very good Mormon if he isn't going to be "beholden" to church authorities. Isn't that what Mormon's are all about?

I'm sure Mormons aren't like ones on that HBO "Big Love" show. Mormons still keep everything secret and seem to most people to be a cult. I don't understand how someone who is such a good Mormon can flip-flop so much? Isn't the whole Christian faith supposed to be based on the teaching of Christ? I don't remember Christ flip-flopping on issues.

Remember September 11, 1857? When Brigham Young sent his chosen people out to slaughter innocent men and women? oh wait, I guess that would make Flip -Flopper the perfect republican candidate.

2 Comments:

  1. TomCat said...
    I think his Mormon religion is a bigger concern to the theocon hypocrites in the GOP that they are to others. For me, his policies and flip-flopping are sufficient reason to oppose him,
    Vic DeMize said...
    I believe you mis-spelled the name of Mormon leader Bring'em Young...

Post a Comment