Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The new plan

I found this quote on Doonsbury.com
"The president must issue a personal call for young Americans to volunteer to fight in the decisive conflict of this generation." -- surge strategy co-architect Frederick Kagan

I tried to search for more info on were this quote came from but couldn't find anything. Based on just that quote I have to say "who is this guy trying to kid?". I just can't imagine Bush inspiring that kind of patriotism in anyone. It's not like the Japanese just bombed Pearl Harbor on something.

I just watched some clips of the Bush speech, the 'ol "Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me." trick. You know, I use this trick at work sometimes when something gets messed up and I just want to move on to something else.

Another thing I seen, is the new "plan" is to have the US troops live in neighborhoods with the Iraqis they protect. How insane is this? Instead of being in a secure FOB with check points and barriers to keep someone from driving a car bomb in and killing everyone. Now your putting these guys right out in the street. It's going to be easy for the insurgents to target American troops now. I just don't see this as a good idea.

3 Comments:

  1. John Good said...
    Watch for increased kidnappings and beheadings as well. Yeah. . Bush gives a damn about the troops. . .
    Nellie Lovett said...
    "I just watched some clips of the Bush speech, the 'ol "Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me." trick."

    Yeah, he should have tried the "I deny having anything to do with it" trick Clinton used.

    "I didn't have sex with that girl" (She only gave me a BJ, and I used my cigar as a joy ride-but by golly that's not SEX)

    Or:

    "I smoked marajuana, but I didn't inhale." Well that is just insulting to all of us with a brain.

    Shame on that Bush for accepting responsibility. What was he thinking?
    Parson said...
    I won't get into the Bill Clinton sex thing, that's between him and his wife. He didn't wake up one day and start a war just to impress daddy.

Post a Comment