Sunday, September 30, 2007

burma

Here is something like I was sort of trying to say in my last post about how to help and get more information about the Burma people. A lot of them live here in Fort Wayne. There is information from the local paper.

burma3

I used the information on that website to send a letter to my representatives in the government.

Here is a copy of my letter, any comments or critisim would be helpful. I never wrote to anyone in government before so I hope I did ok.

I am writing in concern to the situation in Burma, I'm sure you are aware of the things that are going on in that country. I think it's important that the United States government take a strong stance to get this situation under control. After all we charged into Iraq to save them from a tyrant. I'm not saying out military should be involved, but we need to put some pressure on the junta to actually engage in talks. They wouldn't even speak UN envoy that went to Burma (at least at the time of writting this). The United States Senate and Congress needs to do anything in their power to try and get either more US or United Nations involvement in that country.

Thank you in advance for your attention and anything you can do to help these people in Burma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment