Monday, September 17, 2007

White House threatens terror insurance bill veto - Yahoo! News

By Kevin Drawbaugh 1 hour, 3 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration threatened on Monday to veto a bill the U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote on this week that would extend a post-9/11 federal terrorism risk insurance program.
ADVERTISEMENT

"The administration strongly opposes efforts to expand the federal government's role in terrorism reinsurance," the White House said in a statement.


What's next falling bridge insurance? I will probably have to turn in my liberal badge, but I partially agree with Bush on this one. (Hey I liked parts of his immigration bill). The other thing is I really wouldn't want to depend on the federal government on insurance. Look at FEMA they didn't figure out how messed up it was until it was too late. I wonder what the libertarians have to say about this? The federal government has enough of a role in terrorism, we don't need them selling us insurance against it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment