Monday, November 19, 2007

No more plastic bags in San Francisco grovery stores

Starting Tuesday, plastic bags illegal at big S.F. grocery stores: "Attention San Francisco shoppers: Plastic grocery store bags are going, going, gone. Starting Tuesday, large grocery stores in the city can no longer use the traditional plastic bags that are a staple of the supermarket checkout line, as a city ordinance passed earlier this year to ban the bags takes effect."


This is a pretty good idea. Other cities are following and hopefully more American cities will follow.

Oakland passed a similar ban that goes into effect early next year and London and Paris both have followed San Francisco's lead

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I like to shop with my Polar Bear tote :)

    http://totebags.i67.org/
    TomCat said...
    I shop online and have my groceries delivered. Paper wopuld be fine with me.

Post a Comment